Saturday, September 12, 2020

Personal Learning Goals

 My five personal goals for this semester are:

  • Professional Responsibility - Honour cultural diversity and promote intercultural understanding. (PR5)
  • Planning for Learning - Plan for multiple paths to learning for individuals and group of learners. (P7)
  • Facilitating Learning - Use a variety of teaching strategies to engage learners in rich learning experiences. (F1)
  • Assessment - Provide specific, timely, constructive feedback to help students monitor their own learning. (A4)
  • Inclusive Environment - Create a respectful and ethical learning community that encourages learners to take risks, build trust, embrace diversity, increase self-confidence, and show leadership. (IE4)
My previous educational experience with technology ... 

Technology has played a vital role in my educational journey. Technology has provided me access to so many great resources and educational opportunities that I wouldn't have had access to otherwise. Technology has made it easier for me to communicate and collaborate with my peers. For example, technology has allowed me to continue on with my education even during a pandemic. 

Overall, my technology skills are not that advanced. I have become very comfortable with using sites like Microsoft office and that it basically all I have used during my school years. When it comes to trying new programs, it does take me a while to figure everything out and get used to it. I have noticed, online school has given me a chance to improve my technology skills. I find myself spending more time trying to figure out new ways to do things. I am very excited to learn more about technology this semester and get become more comfortable with using new programs. 

My burning questions about the use of digital technologies in K to 9 education are:
  • How can technology curb cyberbullying?
  • How can I combine technology with other tools to grow learning?
These questions are important to me because I believe technology is shaping the future of education. Nowadays, computers have become a part of the classroom and students are expected to do their work using a computer. By educating students how to use technology in a correct and respectful way, teachers can enhance learning experience. Learning about different ways I can integrate technology with other resources to enhance student learning will help me as an educator plan for different learning styles. Instead of getting students to just sit in their seats and work on the computer, I would like to learn more about how I can incorporate other tools in my lessons so that I have students moving around and collaborating with their peers. 


2 comments:

  1. Very organized and straightforward with your goals! You raise very interesting questions about technology :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how organized you are with your learning goals! I also really like your "burning question" of how technology can curb cyberbullying because it is an issue that difficult to address in today's society. I would love to know why your burning questions are important to you! :)

    ReplyDelete

End of The Semester Reflection

What did you learn or “take-away” from this course and how has your perspective about  integrating technology into K to 6 education changed/...